- FORTitude 10k VolRUNteer (September 3, 2018 in Ft. Collins) – VolRUNteer Details Please contact Tori Peterson with questions regarding this volunteer event at 720.236.1958 or volunteer@BOLDERBOULDER.COM
- Weld Food Bank: Hops for Hunger Craft Beer & Food Truck Festival (September 8, 2018 in Windsor) – Volunteer Details – Volunteer jobs include beer and booth set-up, serving/check-in, and clean up after the event. Please contact Kristy Aldridge at 970-356-2199 x307 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding volunteering for Hops for Hunger Craft Beer & Food Truck Festival. Must be 21 years old or older to volunteer.
- United Way of Weld County Tailgate at UNC (Sept 15, 2018 ) – Volunteer Details Please contact Nicole Quinn with questions regarding this volunteer event at 970-304-6198 or email@example.com
- Cattle Baron’s Ball (Sept 15, 2018 ) – Volunteer Details Please contact Ashley Rawls with questions regarding this volunteer event at 714-856-4679 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miners Day (Sept 15, 2018 in Frederick) – Volunteer Details Please contact Angela Wilson with questions regarding this volunteer event at 720-382-5513 or AWilson@frederickco.gov
- Day for Kids (Sept 15, 2018 in Greeley) – Volunteer Details Please contact Zach Ducharme to register as a volunteer for this event at 970-353-1278 ex.105 or email@example.com
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s (Sept 29, 2018 in Greeley) – Volunteer Details Please Contact Ashley Flores with questions regarding this event at 970-392-9202 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ride4Success (Sept 28- Oct 1, 2018 in Greeley) – Volunteer Details Please contact Susan McKenzie with questions regarding this volunteer event at 970-348-6362 or email@example.com
- Weld Project Connect (Oct 19, 2018 in Greeley) – Volunteer Details Please Contact Nicole Quinn with questions regarding this event at 970-304-6198 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- LIVE UNITED 5k Color Run (Oct 27, 2018 in Greeley) – Volunteer Details Please contact Marcus Cervantes with questions regarding this volunteer event at 970-304-6463 or email@example.com
- Colorado Mission of Mercy – COMOM (November 1, 2, 3 and 4 2018 in Greeley) – Volunteer Details Please Contact William Taylor with questions regarding this event at 720-648-0918 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2018-19 United Way of Weld County VOLUNTEER opportunities:
Hygiene Supply Drive: July – September (in-kind, on-site)
United Way of Weld County will provide a collection box for personal care items that will be distributed in kits during Weld Project Connect.
Necessary items include: travel size shampoo, combs, toothbrushes, travel size toothpaste, travel size deodorant, soap, and feminine hygiene products. Our goal is to collect enough to make 1,200 hygiene kits.
Hygiene Kit Assembly: September (one-day, on-site)
Volunteers work in groups to build kits using the hygiene items collected during the hygiene drive.
Volunteers help stuff bags that will be given out during Weld Project Connect .
Weld Project Connect: October 19, 2018 @ Island Grove Exhibition Hall
In partnership with the city, county, and other agencies, Weld Project Connect provides free, on-site services to those in need in our community.
Volunteers are needed to navigate guests through the services, as well as set-up and take-down, staff support, and other general tasks.
LIVE UNITED 5K Color Run: October 27, 2018 @ Family Fun Plex
The LIVE UNITED 5K Color Run raises money to be added to the Youth Campaign fundraiser held in numerous Weld County School Districts. These funds get disbursed to numerous Weld County non-profits by the Youth Allocations Committee.
Volunteers are needed on the day of the color run, in numerous roles: Course Marshals, Color Blasters, Snack Wagon attendants and Set up/Tear down crew.
United Way of Weld County Tiller’s Club Reception: December 4, 2018 @ DoubleTree Hilton
The Tiller’s Club Reception celebrates our Humanitarian of the Year and our leadership donors.
Leading up to the event, volunteers are needed to help decorate 100 wine bottles in a holiday theme, as well as making decorations such as ribboned candy-canes.
Warm Toes Sock Drive: December- January (in-kind, on-site)
United Way will deliver a barrel to collect new, packaged socks, which will be given to homeless and shelter-dwelling individuals in our community during the annual “Point-in-Time” count.
Encourage donations through the holidays and new year, and let United way know when you would like to end your drive.
Point in Time Count: January (one-day, off-site)
A federally mandated program, the annual Point in Time counts documents the number of sheltered and unsheltered homeless persons.
Volunteers will canvas assigned areas in pairs, and ask individuals if they are willing to participate in a short survey.
Love to Learn Series Kick-off Support: February, May, September (off-site)
The Love to Learn Series is a three day event filled with courses and learning opportunities for home and licensed daycare providers to further professional development.
Volunteers are needed for event set-up, materials assembly, class presentations, and day-of support.
United Way Celebration: March 2, 2019 @ DoubleTree Hilton
United Way of Weld County celebrates the work of our volunteers, advocates, and gracious donors with an evening gala of entertainment, casino games, and online (mobile) silent auction.
Volunteers support event set-up and take-down, item development, silent auction assistance, casino dealers and event management.
Northern Colorado Children’s Festival: April 13, 2019 @ Island Grove Exhibition Hall
The Children’s Festival is a free, day-long event for families. The Children’s Festival is full of family activities ranging from arts and crafts, face painting, jumpy houses and story tellers. Most important, every child leaves with a new book!
Volunteers support staff and other vendors, assist with set-up and take-down, and perform other general tasks.
Colorado Business Reads Book Drive: April (in-kind, on-site)
United Way will provide a box to collect new and gently used children’s books for children 0 to 8 years old to foster early literacy.
Books will be distributed by United Way of Weld County and through our partner agencies.
Day of Action: June 2019 three-days @ numerous locations throughout Weld County
This three-day event encourages volunteers to support projects throughout Weld County. Projects range from creating food boxes, installing new gardens, landscape beautification, painting projects, and more. This volunteer event is for people of all ages and skill levels, and large groups.
This event is a great way for groups to work together and make a difference in our community.
Informational Materials Assembly: May – July (on-site)
United Way of Weld County disperses much of its information in printed packets. Volunteers become advocates when assembling these packets, which are typically dispersed through workplace campaigns.
All materials will be dropped off then picked up from your site when completed.
In the 2017-18 UWWC fiscal year, Volunteer Engagement coordinated 1,402 UWWC volunteers who donated 10,247 hours of time. The Colorado value of volunteer time is $25.97 per hour, for a total savings of $266,114.59!
Interested in learning more about United Way Volunteer Engagement? Contact Nicole Quinn at 970-353-4300 or nicole@UnitedWay-Weld.org