THANK YOU to all of our Weld Project Connect Volunteers!
Upcoming, One-day Opportunities:
- 2019 Poudre River Trail-Athlon (April 20, 2019 in Greeley) – Volunteer Details. Volunteers are needed at the Poudre River Trail-Athlon. For questions regarding this volunteer opportunity please email email@example.com or 970-336-4044.
- Top Chef of Northern Colorado (April 27, 2019 in Greeley) – Volunteers are needed for this gala fundraiser benefiting Life Stories Child & Family Advocacy. Multiple shifts and volunteer jobs available. For questions regarding this opportunity please contact Cheryl Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-353-5970.
- Trail Construction at Signature Bluffs Natural Area (April 27, 2019 in Greeley) – Volunteer Details. Spend a Spring day along the Cache la Poudre River as you work to build a new, natural-surface trail in Greeley’s Signature Bluffs Natural Area . For questions regarding this volunteer opportunity please contact Emily Schaefer at email@example.com or 303-715-1010 ext. 116.
- Frederick DIY Day (May 4, 2019 in Frederick) – Volunteers are needed to help with set up and the days activities. For questions regarding this volunteer opportunity please email Angela Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Walk MS: Windsor 2019 (May 11, 2019 in Windsor) – Volunteers are needed at the 2019 Walk MS: Windsor in many capacities. From Set up/take down, Cheer Crew, Photographers and National Anthem singers! Day of Event Leads for the MS Walk are also needed, info provided in the volunteer registration link. For questions regarding this volunteer opportunity please contact Brittany McGarry via the volunteer registration link below.
- Day of Action (June 6, 7 and/or 8, 2019 in numerous Weld County locations) – Volunteer Details. Day of Action is a community wide volunteer opportunity that helps to get many non-profit agencies and businesses the volunteer help they need to enhance aspects of their agency or business. For questions regarding this volunteer opportunity please email Nicole at email@example.com or 970-304-6198
- Families in Action Retreat (June 28-30, 2019 at Highland Camp and Retreat Center) – The Arc of Weld County needs volunteers to help with their annual family retreat! For questions regarding this volunteer opportunity please contact Leticia Arguello at 970-353-5219 ex. 105 or Leticia@arcweldcounty.org.
- Ride & Revel! Cycling Event (July 20, 2019 in Greeley) – Volunteer Details. For questions regarding this volunteer opportunity please contact Savannah Devore at sdevore@srsweld.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION opening soon!!
“No act of Kindness, No matter how small, Is ever wasted”
2018-2019 United Way of Weld County Volunteer Opportunities:
Colorado Business Reads Book Drive: April (in-kind, on-site)
United Way will provide a box to collect new and gently used children’s books for children 0 to 8 years old to foster early literacy.
Books will be distributed by United Way of Weld County and through our partner agencies.
LIVE UNITED 5K Run: May (one-day, off site)
The LIVE UNITED 5K Run raises money to be added to the Youth Campaign fundraiser held in numerous Weld County School Districts. These funds get disbursed to numerous Weld County non-profits by the Youth Leadership Council.
Volunteers are needed on the day of the run in numerous roles: Course Marshals, Hydration Station attendants, Snack Wagon attendants and Set up/Tear down crew.
Informational Materials Assembly: May – July (on-site)
United Way of Weld County disperses much of its information in printed packets. Volunteers become advocates when assembling these packets, which are typically dispersed through workplace campaigns.
All materials will be dropped off then picked up from your site when completed.
Day of Action: June (three-day, off-site)
This three-day event encourages volunteers to support projects throughout Weld County. Projects range from creating food boxes, installing new gardens, landscape beautification, painting projects, and more. This volunteer event is for people of all ages and skill levels, and large groups.
This event is a great way for groups to work together and make a difference in our community.
Hygiene Supply Drive: July – September (in-kind, on-site)
United Way of Weld County will provide a collection box for personal care items that will be distributed in kits during Weld Project Connect.
Necessary items include: travel size shampoo, combs, toothbrushes, travel size toothpaste, travel size deodorant, soap, and feminine hygiene products. Our goal is to collect enough to make 1,500 hygiene kits.
Hygiene Kit Assembly: September/October (one-day, on-site)
Volunteers work in groups to build kits using the hygiene items collected during the hygiene drive.
Volunteers help stuff bags that will be given out during Weld Project Connect.
Weld Project Connect: October (one-day, off-site)
In partnership with the city, county, and other agencies, Weld Project Connect provides free, on-site services to those in need in our community.
Volunteers are needed to navigate guests through the services, as well as set-up and take-down, staff support, and other general tasks.
Warm Toes Sock Drive: November/December (in-kind, on-site)
United Way will deliver a barrel to collect new, packaged socks, which will be given to homeless and shelter-dwelling individuals in our community during the annual “Point-in-Time” count.
Encourage donations during Homelessness awareness month, November and during the holiday season. Let United way know when you would like to end your drive.
United Way of Weld County Tiller’s Club Reception: December (one-day, off-site)
The Tiller’s Club Reception celebrates our Humanitarian of the Year and our leadership donors.
Leading up to the event, volunteers are needed to help decorate 100 wine bottles in a holiday theme, as well as make decorations for the event. More details as December approaches.
Point in Time Count: January (one-day, off-site)
A federally mandated program, the annual Point in Time counts documents the number of sheltered and unsheltered homeless persons.
Volunteers will canvas assigned areas in pairs, and ask individuals if they are willing to participate in a short survey.
Love to Learn Series Kick-off Support: February, May, September (off-site)
The Love to Learn Series is a three day event filled with courses and learning opportunities for home and licensed daycare providers to further professional development.
Volunteers are needed for materials assembly and day-of support.
United Way Celebration: March (one-day, off-site)
United Way of Weld County celebrates the work of our volunteers, advocates, and gracious donors with an evening gala of entertainment, live music, and online (mobile) silent auction.
Volunteers support event set-up and take-down, item development, silent auction assistance, and event management.
Northern Colorado Children’s Festival: April (one-day, off-site)
The Children’s Festival is a free, day-long event for families. The Children’s Festival is full of family activities ranging from arts and crafts, face painting, jumpy houses and story tellers. Most important, every child leaves with a new book!
Volunteers support staff and other vendors, assist with set-up and take-down, and perform other general tasks.
In the 2017-18 UWWC fiscal year, Volunteer Engagement coordinated 1,402 UWWC volunteers who donated 10,247 hours of time. The Colorado value of volunteer time is $25.97 per hour, for a total savings of $266,114.59!
Interested in learning more about United Way Volunteer Engagement? Contact Nicole Quinn at 970-353-4300 or nicole@UnitedWay-Weld.org