THANK YOU to all of our Weld Project Connect Volunteers!
Upcoming, One-day Opportunities:
- LIVE UNITED Celebration (March 2, 2019 in Greeley) – Volunteer Details. Volunteers (with basic knowledge of poker and/or black jack) are needed as dealers in the casino at the 2019 LIVE UNITED Celebration. Please contact Amanda Goins at 970-304-6100 or email@example.com with questions regarding this volunteer opportunity.
- Stone Soup 2019 “Hunger Never Takes a Vacation” (April 6, 2019 in Greeley) – Volunteer Details. For questions regarding this volunteer opportunity please contact Sharon Eberhard at Sharon@lifestoriesweld.org or 970-353-5970.
- Northern Colorado Children’s Festival (April 13, 2019 in Greeley) – Volunteer Details. Volunteers are needed at the 38th Annual Northern Colorado Children’s festival. Volunteers are needed in many areas of the days festivities ranging from set-up/tear-down, Bounce House captains, passing out free books to children in attendance, LIVE UNITED play area captains, and more!! For questions regarding this volunteer opportunity please contact Nicole Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-304-6198.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION opening soon!!
- 2019 Poudre River Trail-Athlon (April 20, 2019 in Greeley) – Volunteer Details. Volunteers are needed at the Poudre River Trail-Athlon. For questions regarding this volunteer opportunity please email email@example.com or 970-336-4044.
- Walk MS: Windsor 2019 (May 11, 2019 in Windsor) – Volunteers are needed at the 2019 Walk MS: Windsor in many capacities. From Set up/take down, Cheer Crew, Photographers and National Anthem singers! Day of Event Leads for the MS Walk are also needed, info provided in the volunteer registration link. For questions regarding this volunteer opportunity please contact Brittany McGarry via the volunteer registration link below.
- Ride & Revel! Cycling Event (July 20, 2019 in Greeley) – Volunteer Details. For questions regarding this volunteer opportunity please contact Savannah Devore at sdevore@srsweld.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION opening soon!!
“No act of Kindness, No matter how small, Is ever wasted”
2018-2019 United Way of Weld County Volunteer Opportunities:
Love to Learn Series Kick-off Support: February, May, September (off-site)
The Love to Learn Series is a three day event filled with courses and learning opportunities for home and licensed daycare providers to further professional development.
Volunteers are needed for materials assembly and day-of support.
United Way Celebration: March (one-day, off-site)
United Way of Weld County celebrates the work of our volunteers, advocates, and gracious donors with an evening gala of entertainment, live music, and online (mobile) silent auction.
Volunteers support event set-up and take-down, item development, silent auction assistance, and event management.
Northern Colorado Children’s Festival: April (one-day, off-site)
The Children’s Festival is a free, day-long event for families. The Children’s Festival is full of family activities ranging from arts and crafts, face painting, jumpy houses and story tellers. Most important, every child leaves with a new book!
Volunteers support staff and other vendors, assist with set-up and take-down, and perform other general tasks.
Colorado Business Reads Book Drive: April (in-kind, on-site)
United Way will provide a box to collect new and gently used children’s books for children 0 to 8 years old to foster early literacy.
Books will be distributed by United Way of Weld County and through our partner agencies.
Informational Materials Assembly: May – July (on-site)
United Way of Weld County disperses much of its information in printed packets. Volunteers become advocates when assembling these packets, which are typically dispersed through workplace campaigns.
All materials will be dropped off then picked up from your site when completed.
Day of Action: June (three-day, off-site)
This three-day event encourages volunteers to support projects throughout Weld County. Projects range from creating food boxes, installing new gardens, landscape beautification, painting projects, and more. This volunteer event is for people of all ages and skill levels, and large groups.
This event is a great way for groups to work together and make a difference in our community.
Hygiene Supply Drive: July – September (in-kind, on-site)
United Way of Weld County will provide a collection box for personal care items that will be distributed in kits during Weld Project Connect.
Necessary items include: travel size shampoo, combs, toothbrushes, travel size toothpaste, travel size deodorant, soap, and feminine hygiene products. Our goal is to collect enough to make 1,500 hygiene kits.
Hygiene Kit Assembly: September/October (one-day, on-site)
Volunteers work in groups to build kits using the hygiene items collected during the hygiene drive.
Volunteers help stuff bags that will be given out during Weld Project Connect.
Weld Project Connect: October (one-day, off-site)
In partnership with the city, county, and other agencies, Weld Project Connect provides free, on-site services to those in need in our community.
Volunteers are needed to navigate guests through the services, as well as set-up and take-down, staff support, and other general tasks.
LIVE UNITED 5K Color Run: November (one-day, off site)
The LIVE UNITED 5K Color Run raises money to be added to the Youth Campaign fundraiser held in numerous Weld County School Districts. These funds get disbursed to numerous Weld County non-profits by the Youth Leadership Council.
Volunteers are needed on the day of the color run, in numerous roles: Course Marshals, Color Blasters, Hydration Station attendants, Snack Wagon attendants and Set up/Tear down crew.
Warm Toes Sock Drive: November/December (in-kind, on-site)
United Way will deliver a barrel to collect new, packaged socks, which will be given to homeless and shelter-dwelling individuals in our community during the annual “Point-in-Time” count.
Encourage donations during Homelessness awareness month, November and during the holiday season. Let United way know when you would like to end your drive.
United Way of Weld County Tiller’s Club Reception: December (one-day, off-site)
The Tiller’s Club Reception celebrates our Humanitarian of the Year and our leadership donors.
Leading up to the event, volunteers are needed to help decorate 100 wine bottles in a holiday theme, as well as make decorations for the event. More details as December approaches.
Point in Time Count: January (one-day, off-site)
A federally mandated program, the annual Point in Time counts documents the number of sheltered and unsheltered homeless persons.
Volunteers will canvas assigned areas in pairs, and ask individuals if they are willing to participate in a short survey.
In the 2017-18 UWWC fiscal year, Volunteer Engagement coordinated 1,402 UWWC volunteers who donated 10,247 hours of time. The Colorado value of volunteer time is $25.97 per hour, for a total savings of $266,114.59!
Interested in learning more about United Way Volunteer Engagement? Contact Nicole Quinn at 970-353-4300 or nicole@UnitedWay-Weld.org