United Way of Weld County recently welcomed two new board of director members: Anthony Asmus, assistant superintendent of Greeley-Evans School District 6 and Juriana Sperandio, global chief human resources officer at JBS.
“I am delighted to welcome our new board of director members and to continue to work with a group that is committed to building a better Weld County,” shared Angel Flores, newly appointed United Way board chair and pastor of Mosaic Church. “It’s great to be with leaders who have a heart for the whole community as they bring their unique perspective to what we do with United Way staff and partners.”
Continuing board officers are: Clint Dudley, director of Thompson Rivers Parks & Recreation District (chair-elect); Jennifer Scholz, chief financial officer at Hensel Phelps (treasurer); Tim Brynteson, managing partner at Otis & Bedingfield (vice chair); Jeff Carlson, chief executive officer of The Weld Trust (vice chair); Lori Gama, owner of DaGama Web Studio (vice chair); and Melanie Woolman, president & CEO with United Way of Weld County (secretary).
Other board members include: Matt Anderson, chief executive officer of Ancon II Constructors; Perry Buck, Weld County Commissioner At-Large; Julie Cozad, community leader; John W. Haefeli, community leader and retired educator; Chuck Jensen, vice president for administrative services and chief financial officer at Aims Community College; Raymond C. Lee III, city manager for City of Greeley; Justin Martinez, State Farm agent; Steve Moreno, community leader; Tom Norton, community leader and former City of Greeley mayor; Chris Richardson, community leader; Paul Row, surface land manager at PDC Energy; and Johan van Nieuwenhuizen, superintendent of Weld County School District RE-1.
Together, the United Way board of directors oversees efforts in five initiative areas: Reading Great by 8, Thrive by 25, Weld’s Way Home, Aging Well and Connecting Weld. Through these initiatives, United Way supports programs at over 60 nonprofit and governmental agencies county-wide, has 100+ active partners in Northern Colorado and provides nearly 20 direct service programs.
Because of foundation grants and government contracts, Cornerstone Partners and donors that make large designated gifts, less than 15% of undesignated donations to the $7 million 2023-2024 budget will be used for United Way’s direct service programs, such as the Covering Weld Diaper Bank and the Housing Navigation Center. The other 85%+ of programmatic funds is committed to partners and United Way staff that facilitate community-wide work.
For more information, contact Melanie Woolman at 970-304-6167 or MWoolman@UnitedWay-Weld.org.