Do you need help paying for your heating bill this winter? There’s no need to shiver through the cold when LEAP may be able to help!
Colorado’s Low-income Energy Assistance Program or LEAP helps Colorado families, individuals, older adults and those with a disability to pay a part of their winter home heating costs. LEAP may also be able to help you with an overdue water bill.
LEAP applications are accepted from November 1 – April 30 only.
Guidelines for eligibility:
- Residents must pay home heating costs directly to a utility company or a landlord as part of rent.
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent legal resident of the U.S. and a Colorado resident or have household members that are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents.
- Provide proof of lawful presence in the U.S.
|Household Size||Max Month Income|
|Each Xtra Person||$166|
You can apply for LEAP:
- Download an application or call 1-866-432-8435 to have a paper application mailed to you, fill it out, and then call 1-866-432-8435 to find out where to take or mail it.
English Application Packet
Spanish Application Packet
- If you are having a heating emergency or are unable to fill out an application by any other means, please call 1-866-432-8435 to apply over the phone.
In person application help is available at:
- 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. January to March at United Way’s Housing Navigation Center, 870 28th Street, Greeley
- Wednesdays from 1 – 3 p.m. January to March at St Alban’s Church, 311 6th Street, Windsor
Needed documentation may include:
- completed and signed application
- government-issued ID
- copy of most recent heating bill
- copy of my most recent rent receipt (if cost of heating is included with rent)
- if employed, copies of pay stubs for at least the 4 weeks prior to the date of application
- if self-employed, copies of receipts for recent business expenses
- if receiving benefits such Social Security Income, TANF, unemployment, etc., copies of award letters for the month previous to the date of LEAP application
- if recently paying household expenses through a loan, a loan repayment schedule
- copy of documented non-citizen verification (if applicable)