October 18, 2019
Noon – 4:30 p.m.
Save the date for the 10th annual WPC on Oct. 16, 2020.
Weld Project Connect-Neighbors Helping Neighbors; an annual, one day event providing numerous on-site services directly to individuals and households struggling and in need due to housing instability, job loss, age, health problems and other issues that can interrupt a life.
How it works; following a successful national model:
- Residents in need of assistance attend the one-day event to receive numerous services on-site; rather than referrals.
- Event environment and attitude is welcoming and festive.
- Each person or family (each adult) is greeted by a community volunteer who helps the guest navigate through the available services. The volunteer navigator stays with the guest at the event until they’ve received all of the services needed.
- All services provided the day of the event are free.
- Free system-wide bus service in Greeley and Evans on day of event.
- Prepared to serve 1,000 guests
- The first Weld Project Connect held in 2011, hosted and helped 1,100 residents of all ages from around Weld County utilizing over 600 volunteers. Over the years, the response from participants, both volunteers and residents, has been overwhelmingly positive.
Benefits for those in need and the community:
- Improves quality of life for the entire community
- Re-engages the underserved, homeless and those in need with the community and available services
- Provides a connection with isolated members of the community
- Brings agencies and organizations together for a unified purpose
- Brings individuals from various segments of the community together for a beneficial purpose – neighbors helping neighbors
- Increases public knowledge and awareness of our neighbor’s situation
- Debunks myths and stereotypes about homeless and others in-need
- Engages civic leaders in current issues and possible solutions
- Increases momentum towards longer term solutions
- Provides a measurable activity
Please help us spread the word about Weld Project Connect. Word of mouth is a powerful thing.
||WPC Flyer – English
WPC Flyer – Spanish
City of Greeley
Weld County Government
United Way of Weld County
Big 97.9 – iHeart Radio
The Greeley Tribune
High Plains Library District
AIMS Community College
Pepsi Beverages Co
Systems of Care Initiative
Christ Community Church
Northern Engineering Inc
University of Northern Colorado
Conquest Classic Cars
Weld County Garage
Weld County Legal Services
Dr Ryan Mayeda
Dr Patricia Sorbo
Dr Erik Sorbo
Services that will be available include:
Women’s Clothing Voucher
Walker/Wheel Chair Clinic
Licenses for Pets
Bus Service – G.E.T.
After school programs
Emergency Alert Sign up
Household Goods Voucher
Bright by Three
SD 6 School enrollment
Credit Score & Report
Education Assistance & financial Aid
Documentation & Human Services
Food Stamps, TANF & Other assistance payments
Resumes Review & Creation
Medical Power of Attorney
Child Care Supplemental Assistance
Child Care Provider Assistance (REACH)
Greeley Municipal Court
Community Outreach Emergency Services
Foot Care & Podiatrist
Vaccinations TDAP, Pneumonia
Basic Health Screening
Mental Health Counseling
Hep C Testing
2-1-1 Live Resource Referral
Shelter for women and children
Sexual Assault Counseling
Youth behavior /truancy