United Way of Weld County’s 2017-18 community campaign is rounding third base. As it heads for home, we still need your help.
With the fiscal year ending on June 30, 2018, we still have more to raise to continue our important work. We cannot do this without you. Your past donations helped change lives. The change for the better could impact someone in your family. It could be your neighbor. It could be a young family hoping to find that one break in life.
Together, we can hit a home run again this year. Your impact is 100 percent local, which makes donating to United Way of Weld County so special.
When you make a donation to United Way of Weld County, you help break the cycle of poverty so everyone can make the most of their lives. We invite you to be a part of the solution – no matter what the size of your contribution.
- Your gift helps connect Weld County residents facing challenges and not knowing where to turn with a 2-1-1 Information and Referral navigator.
- Your gift last year helped the recreation departments in Weld County give scholarships to 815 low-income children and youth who would not have been able to participate in recreational and sports activities.
- Your gift last year helped 225 veterans find stable housing in northern Colorado.
- Your gift last year provided almost 2,100 van rides for seniors to remain independent so they could travel to grocery stores, banks, medical appointments, senior centers, churches, beauty salons and to visit loved ones in nursing homes.
- Your gift last year helped 616 children and their families receive the support and information they needed for their child’s health and safety, child care, early brain development and the importance of reading from birth.
- Your gift to the United Way of Weld County Collective Impact Fund will help ensure agencies are working together to solve difficult problems.
We still need your help in a growing Weld County. One in six of our neighbors live in poverty, and six in 12 children are not reading at grade level by the fourth grade.
Together, we can help build a solid foundation in Early Childhood so our children will learn to read at grade level by the fourth grade. Together, we can help in Youth Development so that our children can graduate on time and make Weld County a better place to live in the future. Together, we can help toward Household Stability so that people have the basic necessities of a stable home – food, clothing, mortgage or rent payment, utilities – and assist those experiencing homelessness a chance to get housed again. And together, we can help Seniors and Healthy Aging remain in their homes so they can be independent and receive support services.
We ask you to invest in your hometown, your county, your community by making a gift today. Secure online at www.unitedway-weld.org or text to give by texting UNITED18 to 41444. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.