Date: Date(s) - January 19, 2019 Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: Weld County Training Center City: Greeley State: CO Zip:
Add Event to Your Calendar: iCal
Cooking matters for child care professionals
A CDE approved training that teaches early childhood professionals about healthy meal preparation and creating a positive food environment for the children in their care
- Want to identify ways to make healthy foods appeal to kids?
- Need new recipe ideas that fit CACFP guidelines?
- Want to learn ways to encourage healthy eating habits?
If you said yes, come join us for a Cooking Matters for Child Care Professionals hands-on cooking and nutrition course at no cost to you!
Practice skills like:
- Promoting positive mealtime attitudes and behaviors
- Identifying simple, yet nutritious snacks and meals
- Organizing cooking activities for the classroom
- Safely and efficiently preparing healthy food options
After the course, you will receive:
- New, essential kitchen tools for your center or home
- A workbook highlighting information covered during the course, 34 recipes, and an activity bank
- 8 clock hours in health, safety, and nutrition
Throughout the course, there will be hands-on food preparation of snacks and meals that will be enjoyed as a group. See you there!
- ECE program staff (classroom teachers and paraprofessionals, nutrition managers and cooks, directors, home visitors, etc.)
- Family child care home providers
- Family, friend and neighbor child care providers
Registration is required. Space is limited for this free course! Please register at: www.CookingMattersColorado.Eventbrite.com