Become An AmeriCorps VISTA Member
Go Where You’re Needed!
Consider a year of service as your next step and join AmeriCorps VISTA. AmeriCorps VISTA members serve full-time for one year and receive a small living allowance as well as money for education costs upon completing the program. VISTAs bring passion and perseverance where the need is greatest: to organizations that help eradicate poverty by working to advance local solutions. The United Way of Weld County VISTA Project partners with the Corporation for National and Community Service, local nonprofit organizations, and government agencies to mobilize and support VISTA members throughout Weld County. AmeriCorps VISTA members build nonprofit capacity, strengthen communities, and develop their careers throughout their year of service.
What Does Nonprofit Capacity Building Mean? It Can Take Many Forms Including:
- Developing outreach and marketing campaigns
- Building a social media presence
- Creating a program database
- Writing grants
- Managing a program in its first year
- Recruiting volunteers
- And more!
- Receive a bi-weekly stipend ($479.08) to cover basic expenses
- Choose between a Segal Education Award to pay for post-secondary education or qualified student loans ($6,195), or a cash stipend ($1,800)
- Learn about the work of nonprofit organizations and attend monthly professional development trainings
- Qualify for non-competitive eligibility, a unique hiring path that makes it easier for federal agencies to hire you
How it Works
- Create your application on My.AmeriCorps.gov
- Choose your focus and apply for a project that matches your passions
- Match with an organization – if selected, you will serve specifically with a partnering organization and their project
- Work with fellow VISTAs and serve alongside your peers through United Way of Weld County, which acts as an intermediary and supports VISTAs locally to navigate their year of service
- Serve for a full year, or apply for one of our 10 week Summer Associate positions!
Current Available Positions
Full Year Positions
July 20, 2020 – July 19, 2021
Boys and Girls Club Outreach & Community Engagement VISTA
Summer Associates Positions
Check back soon for 2020 Summer Associates positions
What is a VISTA Leader?
VISTA Leaders work to expand and build the capacity of individual AmeriCorps VISTA members and their service sites. AmeriCorps VISTA Leaders have previously served a full term of full-time service with any AmeriCorps program or with Peace Corps, and have demonstrated exemplary skills and leadership in community service.
- Receive a bi-weekly stipend ($571.20) to cover basic expenses
- Choose between a Segal Education Award to pay for post-secondary education costs or qualified student loans ($6,195), or a cash stipend ($3000).
- Qualify for non-competitive eligibility, a unique hiring path that makes it easier for federal employers to hire you.
- Collaborate and plan professional development for your VISTAs as well as support them through their year of service while gaining more skills in community service and management.
What are Summer Associates?
Summer Associates is a 10-week long, full-time summer position that includes both capacity building and direct service.
- Receive a bi-weekly stipend ($479.08) to cover basic expenses.
- Choose between a Segal Education award to pay for post-secondary education or qualified student loans ($1,290), or a cash stipend ($345).
- Learn about the work of nonprofit organizations and attend monthly professional development meetings.
Jack Laub Position: Digital Outreach Stewardship VISTA Term: March 2019-March 2020 Hometown: Madison, Virginia Jack Laub is an AmeriCorps VISTA member serving in the United Way of Weld County Program which is an intermediary hub placing VISTAs at...
(Pictured Left to Right: Tyler Vaughan, Rachel Garcia) Tyler Vaughan Position: Development and Outreach VISTA Term: March 2019 - March 2020 Hometown: Largo, Florida Tyler Vaughan serves as a VISTA at “I Have A Dream” Foundation of Boulder County and...
Yolanda Chatwood Position: Kids at Their Best C4 Academy VISTA Term: August 2018 – August 2019 Hometown: Sparks, Nevada What do you do? I am supporting the creating and implementation of a college and career prep...
If you’re interested in learning more about the VISTA Program, please contact Hannah Hostak at 970-304-6168.