Americorps VISTA Host
What Can VISTAs Do For Your Organization?
Each VISTA member makes a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project or projects at a nonprofit organization or public agency. Organizations may receive a VISTA member for up to three consecutive years. VISTA members build the organizational, administrative and financial capacity of organizations that address the root causes of poverty.
Examples of projects for VISTAs include:
- Creating print and digital marketing content to enhance or develop an outreach campaign.
- Developing assessment tools to assist the organization in evaluating its programs.
- Working with the organization’s staff to expand a current program or start a new program.
- Assisting in writing grants and fundraising.
- Assisting staff in planning and implementing a fundraising special event.
How Can My Organization Host a vista?
Who is Eligible to Sponsor VISTAs?
- Public/Private/Faith-based nonprofits
- Local/State/Federal government agencies
What is the Cost per Year?
- Host Sites are required to provide a financial match and must be able to provide direct supervision of the project and VISTA member.
- $6,000 for agencies with an organizational budget under $750,000
- $10,000 for agencies with an organizational budget over $750,000
- Supportive costs including providing a desk, phone, and computer
Who Are VISTAs And What Do They Get Out of Service?
- VISTA members may be local residents or may come from across the country.
- VISTA is open to all U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent resident aliens 18 and older.
- Members receive a modest living allowance, health coverage, childcare (if applicable), and other benefits.
- After successful completion of a term of service, members receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or a post-service stipend.
- VISTAs receive preferential status for federal jobs.
How Can You Get A VISTA?
Contact us for your application. Due dates are listed below:
- July 2020 Start Date: Application Due February 2020
- August 2020 Start Date: Application Due March 2020